Presented by Winefest Des Moines
Cheese + Wine School: Holiday Edition (THREE WEEKENDS TO ENJOY!)
Sponsored by: presented by Bank of America
About this Event
THREE opportunities for holiday Cheese School!! Let’s drink wine, eat delicious food and support our local establishments virtually from the comfort of our kitchen tables, patios, couches, friends house – wherever you feel comfortable!
Here’s the deal - Winefest has partnered with the Cheese Shop for three more incredible editions of Cheese + Wine School.
HOW IS THIS GOING TO WORK?
1. Buy your tickets! (Make sure you pick the right date! Or dates if you’re planning to join for more than one!)
2. Go to the Cheese Shop during shop hours (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) on the Friday or Saturday before your class.
3. Make sure you set up the Zoom app on your phone, tablet, or computer. (Tech-challenged? Here's a handy little tutorial.) Please test this well in advance of the class, so you don't miss anything.The private video conferencing link to the class will be provided in a separate email sent the day of the tasting.
4. Log in by clicking on the Zoom link we will send you. The session will open at 6:00 p.m. so you can get settled (and drinking wine) — and figure out all of the techie stuff. The actual class starts at 6:30 p.m.
Need a great holiday party idea to make your clients feel extra special?! We've created a private pre-class class for groups of 10 or more. Simply purchase 10 cheese school classes on the same Tikly order and for the same price as the regular class, you and (at least) nine friends/employees/clients get a 30-minute VIP super-special private Q&A intro session. Get up close and personal to the smart people on the other side of your screen who are doing the teaching part, before heading into the melee of the whole class.
Details for each class below:
WHEN: Nov. 21, 6 p.m. (pickup Nov. 20–21, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
WHAT: Featuring Green Dirt Farm's sheep's milk cheese and Rootdown Wine Cellars' Es Okay wines. Rootdown's founder and winemaker Mike Lucia will be with us!
- One bottle of Es Okay white and one bottle of Es Okay red. Rootdown also produces a higher-end line of wines that we carry and that would be fabulous with the cheese, so feel free to spend more for an extra bottle or six. (You can ask Mike personally why it's worth it.)
- Hunk o' Green Dirt Farm award-winning cheese
WHEN: Dec. 5, 6 p.m. (pickup Dec. 4–5, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
WHAT: C.J.'s Vollereaux birthday bash! We're wild about bubbles, especially Vollereaux bubbles, so what better way to celebrate CJ’s bday? We'll be joined by Julien Breuzon from Vollereaux all the way from France. It will be 2 a.m. for him so we're counting on you to make it worth his while.
The Cheese Shop will also have other delicious Vollereaux selections to buy when you stop in to pick up your goodies.
· One split (half-bottle) of Vollereaux Champagne
WHEN: Dec. 12, 6 p.m. (pickup Dec. 11–12, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
WHAT: Cabernet Cabaret! Ole! (Rhyming is fun.) You'll get the scoop from one of Des Moines’ finest wine nerds, Marcus Walsh, plus Norbert Sieghart, IT guy by day and experimental cheese whiz by night, and Jonathan Richardson, importing genius.
- One Old World Cab and one New World Cab
- Quicke's cheddar and Alpencheddar (which has Quicke's cheddar grated into the curd, for a crazy, one of a kind cooked/pressed cheddar).
These are one day classes, so don’t miss out!
Date and TimeSaturday, November 21, 2020
6:00 PM CT
Saturday, December 5, 2020
6:00 PM CT
Saturday, December 12, 2020
6:00 PM CT
LocationPickup at The Cheese Shop
833 42nd Street
Des Moines IA 50312